Friday, April 19, 2013

When is it enough?

Here's my rant about the VA....when is it enough? When do we stop fighting? When do we stop trying to get the help we need and deserve? They can put you through the ringer and do some serious damage, all in the name of veterans rights, but I think we are just a number to them. Just another case that passes across their desk, or their review board meeting. They put you through all kinds of testing to make sure that you qualify for their benefits, and sometimes those tests can set someone back days, if not longer, in terms of therapy. Just to have them say Sorry, we don't think that you arr severe enough to warrant our support. I guess they forgot the support that we gave to them. I'm glad I don't work for the VA. I would love to say that I would never think of anyone as a number, but who knows. Between all the red tape and paperwork that it must take to pass paperwork along must be astronomical. It would drive me crazy. Maybe I'd turn out to be just as bad. Maybe I'd get tired of not being able to belp a fellow veteran and fudge a report, ending my career and making it harder on any vet that comes after to get aid. It just drives me crazy to sit here knowing that in my case, as I am sure it is the same in a lot of other cases, all it would be is a simple review of one form. But instead it takes years and paperwork requests that they already have. We are taught to be happy with what we have, so does that mean roll over and give up? No. We put in our time. We have the scars to prove it. So we demand the help and support that we deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment