Thursday, April 11, 2013

Quality time is therapeutic

So I have come to believe in the power of family and a strong spouse as a ward against all that PTSD means. Scream Free Parenting and sitting in a car for around an hour with the wife, then soccer with the son, which made me smile to see how much he takes to it. After that, family dinner when my brother comes over, which is nowhere near enough, but sometimes life gets in the way, but just the same, something kinda special seems to happen over Tater Tot Casserole. Then playing C.O.D. with the daughter was a blast. Now that the evening has wound down and i sit and reflect on my day, I guess sometimes I forget how blessed I am, when so many others like me are not. I know how bad my days can be, how much worse can someone elses be? I am a firm believer in a level below rock bottom. Be careful of thinking that you can't go down any further. Just when you think you are, I can guarantee you, something can ALWAYS get worse, just like some things can always get better. So today's message is to cherish the little things. Hugs, smiles, kind words, happy dogs, xbox 360, tater tot casserole, family......you know, the small things. But if you think about it, doesn't all those small things add up to something huge? Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment