Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Getting on the ball

I wonder why it's so hard for me to get on the ball with certain things. Sometimes I wonder if I give my issues too much credence. I mean, I know they are there and I know that my life has changed dramatically because of it, but I wonder if I don't use it as a crutch at times. Like, if I forget to grab something from the store, It's okay that I forgot, it happens, and with me it happens a lot, but then I don't go back to get that item. I use the excuse of forgetting to not go back. Like I said, I can forgive the forgetfulness, but not the blatant disregard after the fact. Some days I'm all for doing everything right, then others, not so much. We defined integrity as doing what we know is right, even when no one is looking, so here I would have to question my own integrity. Who would know except for me? How do you make sure that you're holding yourself accountable to the most important person that matters, yourself? Accountability is a huge thinh for those like me, because it's the one thing we seem to lose. I think this is because we expect our caregivers to be the responsible ones. We tend to hold then accountable for all of our actions. This we cannot do. I think that most of us are still able to be held accountable for ourselves on some level, and we need to make sure that we are doing it. If not, then we are doing a disservice to ourselves, our caregivers and our families. So we need to get on the ball, we need to become responsible again. Take back a little of what we've lost. It can be done, but only if we want it bad enough.

1 comment:

  1. Like going back with the paperwork tomorrow to get a fishing license....I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete